Children’s Residential Support Worker
What is Bayis Sheli?
Bayis Sheli is a professional, warm and friendly children’s home and short breaks residential service for Jewish children whom have complex needs, physical disabilities, and/ or learning disabilities or difficulties.
Benefits of a Residential Children's Support Worker:
· QCF Level 3 in residential childrens home settings/ equivalent qualification fully funded by Bayis Sheli
· Ongoing training
· Great working conditions
· Career progression to management roles
· 28 days paid leave incl. bank holidays
Responsibilities of a Residential Children's Support Worker:
· To demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in running a shift effectively, therefore ensuring the needs of all children and young people are being met, and the smooth running of the home is taking place.
· To contribute, as part of a team, to the creation and maintenance of a secure and caring environment which is beneficial to the overall needs of children / young people and which promotes their welfare with particular regard to disadvantaged groups.
· To manage a caseload which will require key working responsibility. This will mean actively devising, implementing and reviewing detailed care plans, completing risk assessments using the unit’s format for assessing and gathering information for all children and young people receiving a service, as well as following agreed programmed work and to implement Life Story work.
· To work in partnership with the child / young person, their parents / carers, and other relevant professionals, ensuring that every aspect of an individual’s needs are being met, thus achieving a consistent care planning approach. Ensuring that any transition plans or change to care is carried out sensitively and in the child’s / young person’s best interests.
· To attend statutory case reviews, planning meetings, child protection meetings, case conferences and other relevant meetings. To submit various reports which fit the purpose of a meeting, and to represent the service by giving clear, concise and accurate information.
· To ensure the organisations child protection procedure is followed within every aspect of working practice. To liaise with relevant teams, passing on essential information. The ability to analyse the risks of harm or categories of abuse once adequate training has been offered.
· To respond appropriately to situations with the main consideration being the safeguarding and protection of children and young people.
Essential Requirements of a Residential Children's Support Worker:
· Must have prior experience in a residential children’s home.
· Relevant previous experience within a senior role or have had supervisory responsibilities.
· Have good written skills in order to compose clear and concise reports and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and other professionals.
· Commitment to work on a rota.
· Knowledge in understanding the care and developmental needs of children and young people with learning and/ or physical disabilities.
· QCF Level 3 is essential for this post, therefore you will be required to hold this qualification on appointment or we will enrol you on the qualification and you will be expected to achieve it within 12 months of starting in this role.
Desirable Requirements of a Residential Children's Support Worker:
· Previous experience of key working responsibilities.
· Able to lead and motivate members of staff.
· Capable of working under pressure.
· Good leadership and organisational skills.
Please note that we are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We at Bayis Sheli take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.75 /hour
please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting; childrens unit.
Care Worker - Young Adults Unit
Support Worker - Full Time & Part Time Positions- pay rate of £9.75 - £11.00 per hr
Bayis Sheli is a professional, warm and friendly residential service for young Jewish adults whom have complex needs, physical disabilities, and/ or learning disabilities or difficulties.
We are looking to recruit some highly motivated individuals, who share our values and behaviours.
Could this be you?
Are you looking to continue your career in care in an environment where each day you make a difference in people’s lives?
We have an exciting opportunity for you as a Support Worker, in our residential service. Bayis Sheli is dedicated to providing an outstanding level of support to young people transitioning into adulthood, developing their independence and working with them in planning for their future.
We are looking for Support Workers with previous experience in the care sector. Experience within the Learning Disability / Autism field is desirable but not essential.
The duties are varied and interesting and no two days will be the same. Our residents are individuals and deserve to be treated as such. However, as a general guide, duties may include some support and personal care needs, as well as supporting our residents in developing their independence skills and accessing meaningful activities.
Above all we’re looking for people who share our values, these include:
A commitment to quality and being the best we can be
Treating the people we support with compassion
Showing dignity and respect to the people we will be working with
Having trust and respect for all members of our team
Please send your CV to email@example.com quoting : for Young adults unit.More details